I just registered for the Leadership Certificate!
What are my next steps?
Read on for some next steps to take after registering for the Leadership Engagement Certificate (LEC).
- From myKU Portal, check your Degree Progress Report (DPR). There is a link to your DPR from your main LEC record page.
- Load your DRP. Select the "UCRT" tab in your DPR to see your progress toward certificate completion.
- Make sure the classes you plan to have count toward the LEC certificate are showing up in the DPR. A few things to remember:
1. Leadership Studies (LDST) 201/202 Introduction to Leadership course sequence is required to complete the certificate. This class was formerly know as COMS 201/202.
2. Petitioned classes do not show up automatically in your DPR.
3. If you have had a class petition already approved, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the course name and number of your petitioned class.
We will work to get the class added as soon as possible to your DPR.
4. If you have a new petition to make, you can submit it through the online petition form.
5. All classes that count toward the certificate must be completed with a grade of "C" or better
Be aware that myKU Portal will automatically log you out after 30 minutes! It is strongly recommended that you back up any reflections you are writing in a word document.